The next generation of hearing technology offers a variety of options with advanced features and extras that far surpass their counterparts from even just a few years ago. These exciting new advancements have given today’s buyers more options than ever—especially when it comes to rechargeable models.
Today’s rechargeable hearing aids offer both proven performance and a wide variety of add-ons. And what’s great about each of these models is that they all share a number of notable features, including water-resistant coating, a push button feature, directionality, feedback suppression, sudden loud noise reduction, wind noise reduction and tinnitus relief!
So, if you’re someone who would rather not use devices powered by disposable batteries, the below rechargeable hearing aids offer a high-quality alternative. Take a look at some of the market’s latest and greatest rechargeable hearing aids and see which model is the best fit for you.
Phonak Audéo™ B-R
Audéo B-R has made some groundbreaking advances in the world of rechargeable hearing aids. For one, it is the first-ever hearing aid to feature a built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery providing 24 hours of hearing. And unlike the other options, Audéo B-R was the recipient of the iF Design Award, one of the most prestigious design competitions in the world.
Star feature: Portable power pack with 7 full charges
- 30 minutes of charging gives 6 hours of use
- 3 hours of charging gives 24 hours of use
- Includes a power pack that provides power for 7 full charges for two hearing aids—ideal for short trips where no power source is available
Phonak Bolero™ B-PR
Unlike it’s Audéo B-R peer, on Bolero B-PR’s microphone and speaker are both housed behind the ear in the hearing aid's casing, while with the Audéo B-R, only the microphone is behind the ear, with the speaker being in the ear canal. While it does not offer the option to switch to traditional batteries as the Stride M R and Moxi Fit R do, Bolero B-PR does offer three different charging options, including a power pack to charge on-the-go.
Star feature: Three charging options, including power pack to charge on-the-go
- Built-in lithium-ion rechargeable technology to a BTE
- 3-hour charge gives 24 hours of hearing time with up to 80 minutes wireless streaming time
- A survey by Phonak showed that more than 9 out of 10 hearing aid wearers were “very satisfied” with battery life and ease of use
- Comes with 3 charging options, including power pack to charge on-the-go
Unitron Stride M R Hearing Aids
The Stride M R is the newest of the group that allows you to enjoy a full day of listening on a single overnight charge. The beauty of Stride M R hearing aids is that you can swap rechargeable and disposable batteries at any time, ensuring you never run out of charge at an inopportune time.
Star feature: Swap rechargeable and disposable batteries at any time
- 24 hours of use after charging for just 5-7 hours with up to 16 hours of continuous streaming
- Flexibility to swap rechargeable and disposable batteries at any time – never run out of a charge
- Replaces the need for up to 100 regular batteries and is 100% recyclable
- Based on award-winning design
Unitron Moxi Fit R
Among this group, Moxi Fit R is the smallest of the bunch, but brings a lot to the world of rechargeable hearing aids. Like its Stride M R counterpart, Moxi Fit R also offers the option to switch to normal batteries at any time. What's impressive is that while small, Moxi Fit R is able to deliver ear-to-ear audio streaming, wireless streaming, support for hearing loops and the option to charge and go, or use traditional 312 batteries. Other notable features include frequency compression and compatibility with Unitron's uControl™ app.
Additionally, Moxi Fit R is wireless-compatible, which means that the aids can communicate with your mobile phone, TV and home phone easily with the help of a streaming device.
Star feature: Smallest rechargeable hearing instrument
- 5 – 7 hours for full charge for 24 hours of battery life and 90 minutes of streaming time
- Can use traditional zinc batteries as a back-up when needed
With increasing demand for rechargeable hearing instruments, it’s not hard to find an instrument that fits your budget, lifestyle and aesthetic preferences!
Want more information about hearing aid models? Download our FREE Hearing Aid Buyer’s Guide and get the need-to-know information about today’s latest hearing technology.