Last Updated: 08/17/2020
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Connect Hearing, Inc. (“Connect Hearing,” “we,” or “us”) and our website at www.connecthearing.com, along with any related websites or other online services provided by us (collectively, the “Service”). These Terms of Service are a legally binding contract between you and Connect Hearing regarding your use of the Service.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS CAREFULLY.
1. Agreement Overview. As provided in greater detail in these Terms (and without limiting the express language of the Terms below), you agree and acknowledge that these Terms include the following provisions:
2. Connect Hearing Service Overview. Connect Hearing provides a strong network of convenient neighborhood hearing care centers across the country that continually strive to find innovative ways to serve you better. The Service provides users with information about Connect Hearing, its products, and its services.
3. Eligibility. You must be at least 13 years old to use the Service. By agreeing to these Terms, you represent and warrant to us that: (i) you are at least 13 years old; (ii) you have not previously been barred from using the Service; and (iii) your use of the Service is in compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations. If you represent an entity, organization, or company, and you are accepting these Terms on behalf of such entity, then you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind such entity to these Terms.
4. Registration. To use some features of the Service, for example, to register to receive additional information from us, you may be required to provide us with some information about yourself, such as your name, phone number, email address, zip code, or other contact information (together, “Personal Information”). You agree that the information you provide to us is accurate and that you will keep it accurate and up-to-date at all times.
6. Ownership; Proprietary Rights. The Service is owned and operated by Connect Hearing. The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, data, computer code (including source code or object code), software, services, and all other elements of the Service (“Materials”) provided by Connect Hearing are protected by intellectual property and other laws. All Materials included in the Service are the property of Connect Hearing or our third-party licensors. Except as expressly authorized by Connect Hearing, you may not make use of the Materials. Connect Hearing reserves all rights to the Materials not granted expressly in these Terms.
7. Third-Party Terms
8. Prohibited Conduct. BY USING THE SERVICE YOU AGREE NOT TO:
9. Modification of these Terms. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change these Terms on a going-forward basis at any time. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. If a change to these Terms materially modifies your rights or obligations, you will be required to accept the modified Terms in order to continue to use the Service. Material modifications are effective upon your acceptance of the modified Terms. Immaterial modifications are effective upon publication. Except as expressly permitted in this Section 9, these Terms may be amended only by a written agreement signed by authorized representatives of the parties to these Terms. Disputes arising under these Terms will be resolved in accordance with the version of these Terms that was in effect at the time the dispute arose.
10. Term, Termination and Modification of the Service
11. Indemnity. You are responsible for your use of the Service, and you will defend and indemnify Connect Hearing and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, subsidiaries and agents (together, the “Connect Hearing Entities”) from and against every claim, liability, damage, loss, and expense, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs (“Claims”) brought by a third party arising out of or connected with: (a) your use of, or misuse of, the Service; (b) your violation of any portion of these Terms, any representation, warranty, or agreement referenced in these Terms, or any applicable law or regulation; (c) your violation of any third-party right, including any intellectual property right or publicity, confidentiality, other property, or privacy right; or (d) any dispute or issue between you and any third party. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you (without limiting your indemnification obligations with respect to that matter), and in that case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of those Claims.
12. Disclaimers; No Warranties
THE SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. CONNECT HEARING DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, RELATING TO THE SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING: (A) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; AND (B) ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE. CONNECT HEARING DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE OR ANY PORTION OF OR THE SERVICE, OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT OFFERED THROUGH THE SERVICE, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THOSE ISSUES WILL BE CORRECTED.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SERVICE OR CONNECT HEARING ENTITIES OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING ANY OF THE CONNECT HEARING ENTITIES OR THE SERVICE THAT IS NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE AND YOUR DEALING WITH ANY OTHER SERVICE USER. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU USE THE SERVICE, AND ACCESS, DOWNLOAD, OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN MATERIALS OR CONTENT THROUGH THE SERVICE AND ANY ASSOCIATED SITES OR SERVICES, AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE(S) USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE), OR THE LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF THE MATERIALS OR CONTENT.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE FORGOING, CONNECT HEARING DOES NOT DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES THAT CONNECT HEARING IS PROHIBITED FROM DISCLAIMING UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
13. Medical and Professional Services Advice. Connect Hearing does not, through the Service, directly or indirectly render medical advice. Nothing contained on the Service is intended to constitute medical advice, instruction on medical diagnosis, or instruction for treatment. Information provided through the Service should not be considered complete, nor be relied when making decisions regarding the personal, medical, technical, financial, or treatment decisions for a particular individual. The Service is not intended to be a substitute for the consultation or advice of a physician or other qualified healthcare provider.
14. Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE CONNECT HEARING ENTITIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SERVICE OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT ON THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ANY CONNECT HEARING ENTITY HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE.
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 15.4(iii) AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE CONNECT HEARING ENTITIES TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF OR ANY INABILITY TO USE ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE OR OTHERWISE UNDER THESE TERMS, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, IS LIMITED TO $100.
EACH PROVISION OF THESE TERMS THAT PROVIDES FOR A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES IS INTENDED TO AND DOES ALLOCATE THE RISKS BETWEEN THE PARTIES UNDER THESE TERMS. THIS ALLOCATION IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES. EACH OF THESE PROVISIONS IS SEVERABLE AND INDEPENDENT OF ALL OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION 14 WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
15. Dispute Resolution and Arbitration
17. Governing Law. These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to conflict of law principles. You and Connect Hearing submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts and federal courts serving DuPage County, Illinois for resolution of any lawsuit or court proceeding permitted under these Terms. We operate the Service from our offices in the United States, and we make no representation that Materials included in the Service are appropriate or available for use in other locations.
19. Additional Terms. Your use of the Service is subject to all additional terms, policies, rules, or guidelines applicable to the Service or certain features of the Service that we may post on or link to from the Service (the “Additional Terms”). All Additional Terms are incorporated by this reference into, and made a part of, these Terms.
21. Contact Information. The Service is offered by [Connect Hearing, Inc. located at 750 N Common Dr, Ste 200, Aurora, Illinois 60504]. You may contact us by sending correspondence to that address or by emailing us at email@example.com.
22. Notice to California Residents. If you are a California resident, under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 in order to resolve a complaint regarding the Service or to receive further information regarding use of the Service.